The heart-healthy benefits of fish get an added boost when paired with the garlic found in this fresh chimichurri sauce.Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup olives*, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, plucked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, plucked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- About 1-1/4 pounds tilapia (4 fillets)
- Blend olives, garlic, cilantro, parsley, chili flakes, and juice from 1/2 of lemon in a food processor. Drizzle in 2-3 teaspoons olive oil and blend until a chunky paste is formed. Set aside.
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Cook two tilapia fillets 1-2 minutes on each side, until opaque, and set aside. Heat another teaspoon of olive oil and cook remaining tilapia.
- Drizzle fillets with remaining lemon and top with 1-2 tablespoons chimichurri per fillet.
*Use green olives for a brighter flavor.